Sunday, May 30, 2010

5/30/10

I'm in the midst of the best weekend ever.

I spent yesterday exploring the streets of downtown Los Angeles in the "garment district." Word to the wise: Memorial Day weekend may not be the ideal time to visit the garment district as the crowds and traffic were truly overwhelming. Despite many moments of frustration (mainly concerning parking), solo adventures are my specialty and I felt refreshed by the sights, sounds, and smells of unfamiliar territory.

In the evening I made my way to Azusa where I've been enjoying the company of my bestie.
We spent this afternoon at the beach:

(yes...we are wearing THE SAME sunglasses...)

Shared the road with some interesting characters:

(They were in the fast lane, mind you.)

Watched "Frog and Toad" (the musical) in the park, accompanied by a picnik and a sunburn:


and celebrated the fact that my cambo will be home tomorrow (aka ONE day!):

See! The best weekend ever... and tomorrow: The BEST Monday ever.

Love you!
- Katie

1 comment:

  1. umm... Soooo glad I just discovered this! It has brought happiness to my lagging-on-forever day! Love you! Keep posting!

    -steph

    ReplyDelete